May 31, 2008

So the project that I am starting on is regarding the energy crisis in Chile and the proposed building of 5 dams in Patagonia, which would change the ecological landscape as well as the lifestyle, creating a "highway" of wires.
I´m currently in Patagonia, meeting people and seeing the region. It is a project that I hope to get what I can now, as the region is in winter and is much more active some the spring months. Maybe I´ll have the chance to return. But it is a good time to work on it at the same time because it is a current and forefront issue at the moment.
I started off in Santiago, which was just a chance to get my feet underneath me as well as think about the use of energy. The energy supply the dams would produce would be shipped North to the Central region, including Santiago. I´ll be returning there to really focus on this portion.




No comments: